12/20/14

10 HoliDAYS of Self-Love: Day 4

Welcome to day 4, my lovelies!

What are the 10 holiDAYS of self-love? Well, it's very simple! During this very stressful holiday time, especially for those of us who struggle/have struggled with eating disorders, social anxiety, and low self-esteem in general, the abundance of food and holiday parties can be very stressful. So join me in the journey: 10 days, 10 challenges each day to improve your self-esteem and make this holiday season more pleasurable. Enjoy!

Today's challenge is....get kitschy. 

Boys and girls, it is the holiday season.
Wether you celebrated Christmas or any other religious/kinda super commercial holiday, it is vital to your self-love that you embrace the times.

For many of us in the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter, and as I'm  sitting here writing this I am freezing my butt of in Montreal, Canada. Many people get sad when it gets dark earlier, leading to seasonal depression. But fear not, there is a solution!

Instead of absolutely dreading this time of year, you must embrace the kitsch; the sappy, commercial, cheesy Holiday spirit is a drink, and you must chug that sucker!
Why? 
Well look. We all know the holiday season is kind of a Hallmark holiday, for companies to make money and for our wallets to get thin. We could be cynics about it. Or...
We could:
-rock that ugly Christmas sweater
-make hot chocolate
-watch our favorite Xmas movie
-scream out "All I Want For Xmas" by Mariah Carey, which I do nearly everyday of the year, but my mental health is besides the point. 

Getting into the season could teach you a few things about letting go of the negative, embracing the positive, and making the best of what can be a really important self-loving time of the year.

So turn that frostbitten frown upside down, and get down with Santa! 
(I feel like my christmas expressions are getting worse from sentence to sentence)

xoxo

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment