4/8/13

Grace

Hello fudgies!
I have missed you all so much, but I have been very busy lately, and also very blessed, which is why I want to write this post.

These past few months, I have been blessed with some wonderful news, on top of everything else I am already thankful for. I try to make sure that I am conscious of these blessings, but if there is one thing I didn't always treat with gratitude, it was my food.

I used to, and unfortunately still do sometimes, human nature's imperfection and all, use food as a coping mechanism. Food was therefor no longer a vital part of my day, it became of drug. And that needed to change.

So I decided to start saying grace before my meals. Now THIS IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A RELIGIOUS TRADITION I AM OBLIGING TO, I do not thank any particular god or higher being. If you want to do so, by all means, if not, the results will be the same.

I simply take a milli second before eating to realize that this meal is a gift many in this world do not possess.

What it does for me is change the way I view food. It's not a way to lose control or self destruct. It is food, and that is enough.

I just wanted to let you all know so you can try it out! Disordered relationship with food or not, counting your blessings can brighten your day!

Have a great week, doll faces<3
Xoxoxo
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment