2/23/13

Excess

Hey guys! <3

As I was cleaning out my closet last night, I found this oil pastel painting I did a few months ago. It was the first time I had ever used these pastels, so clearly my technique isn't Renoir-like or anything, but I am still fascinated with the message I was trying to deliver.

We as human beings are drawn to excess. The fear of lacking is omnipresent, and haunts us daily.

I wasnt trying to negatively portray someone's unique features. I actually love the human face, especially a woman's, because who are we kidding girls, we look GOOD. :P

I wanted to show how absolutely surreal the stereotypical 21st century beauty ideal has become. Everything can always be bigger, thinner, plumper, blonder.

To the point of excess.

That is all, fudgies :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend

xoxoxo
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment